I love this recipe for a special morning (I make my husband this on our anniversary). The perfect balance between the creamy smoothness of chocolate and the tart pop of fresh pomegranate seeds. Makes 10-12 pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips (never skimp on chocolate)
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a whisk or large fork, mix in the buttermilk and egg until well combined and smooth. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate chips.
- Heat non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour pancake batter onto hot griddle. When pancake is golden brown and bubbles start to come up, flip to cook other side. Keep warm in oven heated to 200 degrees.
- To serve: Place two or more pancakes on plate add Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup and sprinkle with fresh pomegranate seeds.
Tip: You can add a few chocolate chips on the pancakes after you pour the batter on the pan. I like the chocolate chips in the batter because the chips seem to get creamier and don’t get burnt.