If you are in-charge of a bridal shower or any girly event, these cupcakes will be a hit. Rose water adds an elegant element to the cake and a wonderful floral flavor.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients needed to make the cake mix)
- 1 Tbsp rose water
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp softened butter
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar (measure after sifting)
- 1/4 cup Skylake Ranch Pomegranate Syrup
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- Follow directions for boxed cake mix and add the rose water to the batter and mix well.
- Bake the cup cakes according to the box directions and let cool.
- For the frosting, mix all ingredients and add food coloring until desired color.
- Then frost cupcakes before you eat the frosting!
- If you want to decorate the cup cakes with sugared rose petals find two roses that you like the smell of; because that is what they will taste like.
- Then get an egg white and brush the petals with the egg white and toss it around in a bowl of bakers sugar (superfine sugar). Shake off excess sugar and let stand on a plate till it gets stiff.
- Place petals on cupcakes last minute before serving or the moisture from the frosting will ruin the petals.